Meet Dr. Moretta
If one were to summarize Dr. Moretta’s electrophysiology career in one sentence, it would be “Dedicated to Excellence and Advancement.” Dr. Moretta is a firm believer in researching and ultimately leveraging the most advanced and effective protocols that this technologically advanced subspecialty of cardiology offers. He also recognizes, however, that there is no replacement for the experience and knowledge of the electrophysiologist themselves.
To that end, Dr. Moretta is quadruple board-certified in internal medicine, cardiology, clinical cardiac electrophysiology, and echocardiography. He has extensive training in ultrasound guidance to reduce the fluoroscopy or radiation his patients are exposed to. Today, over 95% of his procedures are performed without fluoroscopy. He is also dedicated to performing cardiac catheter ablations in the shortest time possible (often under one hour) to minimize the risk of anesthesia and postoperative complications in his patients.
Specialities and Areas of Focus
- Pacemaker implantation
- Defibrillator implantation
- Radiofrequency (RF) ablation
- Cryo-thermal ablation
- Subcutaneous defibrillator implantation
- Left atrial appendage occlusion to prevent stroke
- Leadless pacemaker implantation
Dr. Moretta is at the leading edge of conduction system pacing, as a viable alternative to traditional pacemakers, in the process virtually eliminating the risk of long-term heart failure caused by traditional heart pacing. He is a top implanter of these devices in the state of Florida.
- Internal Medicine
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Clinical Cardiology Fellowship – Lenox Hill Hospital/North Shore University – New York/Manhasset, NY
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology Fellowship – Stony Brook University – Stony Brook, NY